CheckRecipient (“We”, “Us” and “Our”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy at all times.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is CheckRecipient of 19 – 23 Featherstone Street, London EC1Y 8SL and we are registered at the UK Information Commissioner’s Office with registration number ZA036200. Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes, for instance, information you provide when you contact us via our site, book a demonstration, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include (but is not necessarily limited to) your name, address, email address and phone number.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
(i) technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
(ii) information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
(i) to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
(ii) to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
(iii) to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. We will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) or by telephone with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you.
(iv) to notify you about changes to our service; and
(v) to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
(i) to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
(ii) to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
(iii) to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
(iv) as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
(v) to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
(vI) to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with (where applicable):
- Any member of our group (as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006).
- Selected third parties including, for instance:
(i) business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you;
(ii) any advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we will provide them with aggregate and anonymised information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience;
(iii) analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If CheckRecipient or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of service and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of CheckRecipient, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise this right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and detailing such request.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request that you submit to us will be subject to a processing fee of £10.